Self-Care and Resilience for Educators
3 days / 2 nights at beautiful Blackbird Farm adjacent to Anderson Valley in Northern California
Recharge, Restore and Reflect
Leave behind the challenges you face as an educator for restorative time, professional development and personal growth in a beautiful setting. Connect with your mind and body, develop self-care strategies, and cultivate awareness and inspiration to help you thrive in work and life. Guided discussion and exercises are interspersed with opportunities for rest, recreation, and reflection.
In order to allow for the best experience of our participants we have a maximum of 28 attendees per retreat.
You'll learn how to:
- Neutralize feelings of anxiety, stress and burnout during the school year
- Communicate better and engage with parents and the community
- Establish your classroom vision
- Learn to identify and cope with student trauma episodes
- Understand and build core social emotional learning (SEL) skills
- Find patience in chaotic and stressful situations
- Incorporate practices for empathy and compassion
- Utilize self-care techniques and find work/life balance
- Create a positive and fulfilling learning environment for your students
- Increase connection with students
Escape to the beautiful Northern California country serenity of Blackbird Farm. Nestled against Hendy Woods State Park and adjacent to world renowned Anderson Valley wine country, the property boasts over 250 acres of nature to enjoy and explore.